STUDENTS - CHECK BACK HERE ON DECEMBER 17th FOR THE APPLICATION!
I have received several e-mails asking for more information on the sick bank. I have received about 100 donated days.
To donate, just print and fill out the donation form above and send it to me interoffice mail at NRHS.
The first 185 days are going directly to Billy Keenan. As most of you know Billy had a tragic accident and is now paralyzed. He is working very hard to regain some strength to be able to come back to teach. This will give him a year of rehab which is necessary.
This bank is not retroactive. It is for catastrophic not chronic illness. There is strict criteria and a process to apply which is also attached. If we receive additional days, up to 370, it will be available for other members who fit the criteria. This is a one year bank. You will be notified that your day is being used. I hope this clarifies any issue you may have.
Welcome Back From Our Union
North Rockland Teachers' Association
I hope this finds everyone rested and healthy and ready to greet our students. Before we begin the 2014-15 school year I thought it important to look back at what our union and dedicated members accomplished last school year.
The most time consuming and important accomplishment last school year was our negotiating team completing the Substitute contract, the TA contract and the Teacher's contract. During these difficult time we saved many positions by our compromise. We also held on to programs for our students by being fiscally responsible while securing as many members as possible.
This year may prove to be as interesting as the last. Please know that our union is there for you every step of the way.
Robin Brennan and the NRTA Officers
Teachers Honored By Scholarship Winners
Every year the NRTA awards twelve $1,000 scholarships to our seniors who write the best essay honoring a teacher who changed their life in some way. Here are the names of our 2013-14 winners and the teachers who were honored.
Nicole Aylmer Brendan King
Jullian Colleluore Chris Freeman
Maggie Dorfman Sol Bloch
Amanda Feeney Nori Casimiro
Nicholas Imperato Billy Martin
Christopher Klein Jennifer Taylor
Mariel Nunez AnneMarie Marino
Angelina Panella Paul Krogsland
Cameron Porette Scott Schneider
Tara Sasso Kathy McGovern
Courtney Marie Tello Steve Lefkow
Serena Yanitelli Marla Pruden
This is a list of all the teachers who were written about and the students that honored them.
1. Abrams, Stacie (Burkardt/Marcus)
2. Aylmer, Nicole (B. King)
3. Bedford-Conklin,Dundee (B King)
4. Bronsolo, Jenna (Gonzalez)
5. Checco, Steven (John Sebalos)
6. Colleluore, Jillian (Chris Freeman)
7. Dorfman, Maggie (Sol Bloch)
8. Eckerle, Amanda (Diglio)
9. Feeney, Amanda (Casimiro)
10. Foley, Harrison (Freeman)
11. Imperato, Nicholas (B Martin)
12. Klein, Christopher (Judy Taylor-Discover)
13. Lord, Jaime (Krogslund)
14. Pagano, Christopher (Gonzalez)
15 Panella, Angelina (Krogslund)
16. Porette, Cameron (Schneider)
17. Purdy, Liam (Baloga)
18. Rajchgot, Alana (Luz Dubois)
19. Reilly, Brianne (K Horan)
20. Roppolo, Angela (Diglio)
21. Sasso, Tara (K McGovern)
22. Schimko, Corry (Nori Casimiro)
23. Tello, Courtney Marie (Lefkow)
24. Tlamsa, Colleen (Levine, Grade 1-SPES)
25. Toscano, Morgan (K. Bredberg)
26. Urena, Hector (Mrs. Mitchell, WGMS)
27. Winkelhoff, Elizabeth (D. Davey)
28. Woods, Sean (Cerniglia)
29. Cacioppo-Cruz, Sammantha (Davey)
30. Nunez, Mariel (Marino, 3rd-WHES)
31. Perez, Pierson (Patrick Sullivan)
32. Soffa, Andrew. (Santoprieto)
33. Yanitelli, Serena. (Pruden)